Censless Hack? – ConspiracyOz

Census: Michael McCormack targeted in ‘hacking’ after defending ABS website failure

CensHack
Photo: Michael McCormack (L) spent the day dealing with #CensusFail fallout. (ABC News)

The minister responsible for the botched online census appears to have been subject to hacking on his own website.

Michael McCormack spent Wednesday morning defending the Government’s handling of the census rollout, after the site was shut down following a series of “denial of service” cyber attacks on Tuesday night.

An errant link labelled “gay sex” was spotted on Mr McCormack’s official website on Wednesday afternoon.

It hyperlinked to what appeared to be a Polish finance company’s website.

Photo: Michael McCormack’s website earlier on Wednesday afternoon. (Michael McCormack MP)

Shortly after the ABC contacted his office about the link, Mr McCormack’s website was listed as “down for maintenance”.

Michael McCormack's site with the text "the site is down for maintenance" Photo: Michael McCormack’s website after ABC News contacted his office. (Michael McCormack MP)

Today he defended the census website being shut down while thousands of Australians attempted to log in and said it was not an attack or hack.

“A denial of service is an attempt to block people from accessing a website,” he said.

“No census data was compromised and no data was lost.”

The ABC has contacted Mr McCormack’s office for comment.

Advertisements

Posted on August 11, 2016, in ConspiracyOz Posts. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: