Nationwide Protests with an estimated 2000 people in attendance were held simultaneously in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Tasmania on June 21, 2015 in opposition to the federal government’s new ‘No Jab, No Pay’ welfare reforms. In April 2015 the Federal Government introduced a proposal to remove vaccination exemptions based on conscientious and religious grounds, as well as plans to cancel childcare rebates and family tax benefits for parents who refuse to vaccinate their children to begin January, 2016 and immediately garnered bipartisan support from both the Labor party and the Greens.
Human Rights activists believe this proposed move is discriminatory and will slowly take citizens rights and freedoms away. They believe that these proposed laws violate the “UNESCO Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights”, particularly Article 3.1 and 3.2: “human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms are to be fully respected [and] the interests and welfare of the individual should have priority over the sole interest of science and society
Many attended the Sydney protest on June 21st and chanted along George St “ Freedom of Choice Give me a voice. Give me a choice ” and banners included “ FREEDOM TO CHOOSE NATURAL TREATMENT” “FIRST DO NO HARM” and “ OUR BODIES OUR CHOICE” “ JABBOTT DOESN”T CALL THE SHOTS FOR MY KIDS “ and the protest concluded at the fountain in Hyde Park.
Among the protesters demands
* Freedom of Choice- To choose to selectively vaccinate or not without financial blackmail or coercion
* Keep the conscientious objector’ clause in the legislation which accepts and respects individual rights for parents who choose to not vaccinate their children without penalty.
The Sydney Rally assembled at Sydney Town hall and speakers included
* Dr Mark Donohue GP and well regarded expert in integrative medicine
* Bronywn Hancock of “Vaccination Information Service”
& Producer of the Documentary Vaccination The hidden truth
* Michael O’Neil President of the newly formed Involuntary Medical
*A speech written by Dr Viera Schiebner Phd and read by a protest organiser
Organiser of No Jab No pay protests Damien Poulsen said
‘We believe in freedom of choice and the right of all parents to make their families medical choices free from coercion, manipulation and blackmail. We will continue to fight this medical child abuse campaign started by the Daily telegraph 2 years ago where they continually published articles attacking parents who chose not to vaccinate their kids. They never mention that Rupert Murdoch’s son, James in the past served as a chairman on the board of pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline and this might have something to do with their contempt against anti vaxxers”
There have been numerous cases of children in Australia, who have been injured or killed after vaccinations, such as Saba Button Ashley Epapara, and the hundreds of children rushed to hospital during the Fluvax debacle of 2009. Parents being forced to vaccinate their children for government benefits have expressed concerns about their children being injured or killed .
The World Health Organisation states that injuries resulting from vaccination can be “severe” and require a lifetime of care, and that it is an “ethical necessity” that a compensation scheme be in place. Australia currently has as no such scheme and protesters have questioned whether the government will provide for those who have suffered a vaccine injury. The USA has a “Vaccine Injury” trust fund that sits at 3.5 billion dollars.
How activists for freedom of choice can help:
1. Visit “No jab, no pay, no play” rally on Facebook, and sign up to indicate that you wish to participate and receive updates.
2. Use the social media tools on the site to announce your participation in the protests.
3. Make calls and write emails and letters to your Member of Parliament.
4. Sign petition on change, petitioning Federal Minister of Social Services, Minister Scott Morrison, to not punish parents with unconstitutional penalties for making an informed choice about their children’s health; all parents deserve to make an uncoerced choice! https://www.change.org/p/minister-sco…
5) Join the Involuntary Medication Objectors (Anti Vaccination/Fluoride) [IMO]”, http://www.imop.com.au
6) Attend next Nationwide protest against “ No Jab No Pay No Way?” on Sunday September 20th https://www.facebook.com/nojabnopaynoway
For more information please email: email@example.com
Facebook “ No jab, no pay, no way” Sydney Rally