Hi Ppl received this very important email from “No jab No pay No way!” Protest organisers , support this Protest for Free Choice! – Mick Raven
Mobilisation dubbed “You say, ‘No jab, no pay’; We say, ‘No way’ – Informed choice means freedom of rights”
Sydney, Australia, 5 June, 2015– A broad coalition of activist groups will hold a nationwide day of activism on 21 June in opposition to the Liberal government’s proposed, “No jab, no pay, no play” policy, which many people believe is slowly taking citizens rights and freedoms away. The mobilisation is being dubbed as “Freedom of Choice” “You say, ‘No jab, no pay’; We say, ‘No way’ – Informed choice means freedom of rights”. The nationwide protests will be held simultaneously in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, and Noosa. The plan to withhold payments of child-care and family tax benefits for unvaccinated children could cost non-compliant parents up to $15,000 a year(1). The policy will prevent all conscientious objector parents, who oppose vaccination, from exemptions from vaccines beginning January 2016 (2). The laws immediately garnered bipartisan support from both the Labor party and the Greens
Protesting parents believe it is their choice whether they should vaccinate their children or not. Some may choose a few vaccines, rather than all of them, and some may choose none. Protestors believe that like other medical treatments, they should all be free to choose if, and which, vaccines are injected into their children, and make this decision free from financial duress. Protestors believe that these proposed laws violate the “UNESCO Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights”, particularly Article 3.1 and 3.2: “human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms are to be fully respected [and] the interests and welfare of the individual should have priority over the sole interest of science and society”. (3)
The changes will penalise low-income parents, if they make a politically unpopular choice. Human rights activists believe this to be a form of duress, which, for some families, is substantial enough to challenge their free will and true consent. Activists are concerned for the ramifications this will have for human rights in Australia, where the right to choose and refuse medical treatment is afforded to the rich, but not the poor. The activists believe this legislation will not raise vaccination rates, as surveys have found that wealthy areas have the lowest rates of vaccination. (4) They question how targeting low income families will change the vaccination rates of high income families. The protestors advocate freedom of choice and the right of all parents to make their families’ medical choices free from coercion, manipulation and blackmail. The rally will be a means for activists to exercise their democratic rights to assemble, be heard and voice their objection to what they see as an infringement of our human rights.
There have been numerous cases of children in Australia, who have been injured or killed after vaccinations, such as Saba Button, (5) Ashley Epapara, (6) and the hundreds of children rushed to hospital during the Fluvax debacle of 2009 (7) In June 2014, the parents of the vaccine injured, Saba Button, were awarded a multi-million undisclosed settlement when the judge ruled her disabilities had been caused by the vaccination. (8) Parents being forced to vaccinate their children for government benefits have expressed concerns about their children being injured or killed. Protestors are asking whether the government is ready to be legally responsible for any such injuries or deaths, especially as there is no vaccine injury compensation scheme in Australia. The World Health Organisation states that injuries resulting from vaccination can be “severe” and require a life time of care, and that it is an “ethical necessity” that a compensation scheme be in place. (9) Australia currently has as no such scheme and protestors have questioned whether the government will provide for those who have suffered a vaccine injury. The USA has a “Vaccine Injury” trust fund that sits at 3.5 billion dollars.(10)
Protestors also question the relationship Rubert Murdoch has with Prime Minister Abbott . Since Rupert Murdoch’s son, James Murdoch, in the past served as a chairman on the board of pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline, who manufacture the MMR vaccine(11), activist and concerned parent Damien Poulsen says, “The ‘No jab, no play’ smear campaign started 2 years ago in the Murdoch owned Daily Telegraph, where they continually published articles dismissing parents who chose not to vaccinate their kids. They never published stories about vaccine injured kids, side effects or details about the ingredients. Should I trust the government, Murdoch and their big Pharma friends to tell me what’s the healthiest option for my kids?”
The newly formed political party, “Involuntary Medication Objectors (Anti Vaccination/Fluoride) [IMO]”, objects to elected representatives making and supporting laws that use financial coercion to compel parents to vaccinate their children using questionable medication. According to Michael O’Neill, founder of the “Involuntary Medication Objectors (Anti Vaccination/Fluoride) Party” (IMO), “these laws are just another step for the Murdoch Media, who will not be satisfied until they have compulsory vaccination for all. The impact on freedom and parents rights has staggering implications, and it is our commitment to oppose these laws and uphold the freedoms our forefathers died for”
The Sydney protest organiser and conscientious objector, Belgin Colak, will be forced to quit her job and stay at home with her children as a result of the government taking away her child care subsidies. She asks, “How much will it cost the government to support us with unemployment benefits until my kids start school ? I won’t be able to afford childcare without the rebates” Pro-choice activists believe their children deserve better than a one size fits all approach to health care, especially when the healthcare products are being produced by a multi-billion dollar industry, which has a history of fraud and deceptive practices. (12) For example, in 2012, Glaxosmith Kline paid $3 billion to resolve civil and criminal allegations, including kickbacks and marketing popular prescription drugs for unproven treatments. (13) Activists believe, if there is a risk involved, that there should be a choice.
WHO: “Involuntary Medication Objectors (Anti Vaccination/Fluoride) Party (IMO)”, “Vaccination Awareness (VAIS)”, conscientious objectors, concerned parents and Human rights activists, who support citizens’ rights to make informed choices.
WHAT: Day of action in opposition to the government’s “No jab, no pay, no play” policy
WHEN: 21 June, 2015 @ 1:00pm
WHERE: Town Hall Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Noosa
How activists for freedom of choice can help:
- Visit “No jab, no pay, no play” rally on Facebook, and sign up to indicate that you wish to participate and receive updates.
- Use the social media tools on the site to announce your participation in the protests.
- Make calls and write emails and letters to your Member of Parliament.
- Sign petition on change, petitioning Federal Minister of Social Services, Minister Scott Morrison, to not punish parents with unconstitutional penalties for making an informed choice about their children’s health; all parents deserve to make an uncoerced choice! https://www.change.org/p/minister-scott-morrison-don-t-punish-parents-for-making-an-informed-choice-about-their-children-s-health-all-parents-deserve-to-make-an-uncoerced-choice
- If your doctor cannot answer all your questions, conduct your own research by going to www.vaccinationawareness.com.au/ or http://whatisvaccination.com/
These websites can refer you to journals about vaccinations based on medical and scientific research.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook “ No jab, no pay, no way” Sydney Rally
1) Vaccination to be backed by welfare sanctions”, The Australian, 12 April, 2015. Retrieved from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/health/vaccination-to-be-backed-by-welfare-sanctions/story-fn59nokw-1227300267462
2) “Strengthening immunisation requirements Fact sheet Australian Government Department of Social Services. Retrieved from https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/families-and-children/benefits-payments/strengthening-immunisation-for-young-children/immunisation-requirements-for-government-payments
3) “Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights”, UNESCO, 19 October, 2005. Retrieved from
4) “Lower vaccine rates put wealthy areas at risk of disease”, The Sydney Morning Herald, 11 April, 2013. Retrieved from
5) “Saba Button, the girl who is never alone”, Perth Now, 7 April, 201. Retrieved from
6) “Little girl died in cot after flu jab”, The Australian, 26 April, 2010. Retrieved from
7) Virus in the system” The Australian “May 28, 2011 Retrieved from
8) “Girl left disabled by flu jab wins millions“, The Australian, 7 June, 2014
9) “National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program”, U.S.A Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved from http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html
10) “Statement regarding vaccination injury programs”, WHO. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/89/5/10-081901/en/
11) “James Murdoch’s arrangements haunt vaccination laws”, Australian National Review, 23 April, 2015. Retrieved from
12) “Is Big Pharma Addicted To Fraud?”, Forbes, 29 July, 2013. Retrieved from
13) “Whistleblowers played major role in Glaxo case leading to Glaxo’s record settlement”, Phillips and Cohen. Retrieved from